Call for Papers
Abstract Submission is now closed.
The Scientific Program Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation for the 5th World Congress of Science and Medicine in Cricket Congress 2015. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the "Submit your abstract" button above.
Abstracts must be submitted online by 15 August 2014.
Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended.
Enquiries regarding abstracts should be directed to the Congress Secretariat at [email protected].
|Call for Abstracts opens||Late April 2014|
|Registration Opens||Late May 2014|
|Call for Abstracts closes||15 August 2014|
|Notification of Abstracts||1 October 2014|
|Full Papers Due||23 November 2014|
|Presenter Registration Due||23 November 2014|
|Full Paper Notification Results||23 January 2015|
|Final Paper Due||9 February 2015|
|5th World Congress of Science and Medicine in Cricket||24 - 27 March 2015|
- Abstracts must be submitted by
15 August 2014.
- Abstracts must be submitted online. Submissions via post, email or fax will not be accepted.
- Please note that there is abstract template which you need to use when submitting your abstract. Click here for abstract template document.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- Abstracts must not exceed a maximum of 500 words.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts should contain the following sections – Background, Method and Conclusions.
- Abstracts must NOT contain tables, pictures or diagrams.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 23 September 2014.
- Acceptance of abstracts into the Congress program will be determined by significance, interest and relevance to the Congress themes and delegates.
- All accepted authors must register for the Congress by 23 October 2014.
- If your paper is accepted and you are not registered by the above date, your presentation will be withdrawn and your paper will not be included in the Congress program and proceedings.
Types of Presentations
Abstracts will be considered for:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Biomechanics of Technique and Performance
- Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Surveillance
- Motor Skill Acquisition and Sports Psychology
- Statistical Approaches in Cricket
- Exercise Physiology and Nutrition
- Strength and Conditioning
- New Developments in Cricket Technology
- Umpiring Skills and Cricket Rules
- Science of Pitch Preparation
- Novel Case Reports
Abstract Preparation Guidelines
- Do not include the abstract title or author(s) information in the body of the abstract. This information will be collected in a separate section in the online form.
- Use limited references (e.g. Smith 1999), only if necessary
- If submitting for an oral presentation, please provide a biography of the presenting author. Biographies are limited to 50 words. Your biography should be written using complete sentences and in the 3rd person, please refrain from using bullet points. Your biography should contain information relative to your position, career history and professional achievements.
- Multiple abstracts can be added by the same presenting author on the online submission form. You will be required to complete the abstract, author details, etc for each abstract before submitting your next one.
- Should you need to make changes to your submission before the abstract deadline, please make the amendments via the Presenters' Portal using the access key you have been provided. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
- Abstracts may be submitted as oral, poster and young scientist presentations. Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received, the Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Full Paper Submissions
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the 5th World Congress of Science and Medicine in Cricket Congress 2015:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to the 5th World Congress of Science and Medicine in Cricket Congress 2015.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the Congress Secretariat if they are unable to present or if the presenting author has changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.